I am a PIC (Program in Computing) Assistant Adjunct Professor in mathematics at University of California, Los Angeles, working with Prof. Mason Porter and Prof. Andrea Bertozzi. My research interests include network science, model reduction methodology, and multiscale modeling. My recent and ongoing projects include:
- developing opinion dynamics models on temporal networks induced by interevent time distributions;
- using inverse problem techniques to infer parameters in continuous-valued opinion models from discrete decision observations;
- constructing reduced-order models for problems in quantum mechanics and molecular dynamics;
- modeling electro-dewetting phenomena in microfluids using thin film equations coupled with electric field.
I received my Ph.D. in Mathematics at Penn State University under the supervision of Prof. Xiantao Li. Prior to that, I was an undergraduate student at Peking University, China.
- 2019 - current PIC Assistant Adjunct Professor, Mathematics, UCLA
- 2014 - 2019 Ph.D. Mathematics, Penn State University
- 2010 - 2014 B.S. Mathematics, Peking University
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing address UCLA Mathematics Department, Box 951555, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1555